Monday, January 18, 2010

Dream 8

It was raining and really windy last night and it took me forever to fall asleep. Don't know if that affected my dreaming or not.

I was walking down some made up street in New York at night. Through a window of a shop, I saw Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, and he motioned at me to come inside. He started telling me about how he wanted to get Marilyn Manson on his new record, but he didn't know how. He figured I might be able to help him. We thought and brainstormed for a while, and something popped into my head. And then sure enough, Marilyn Manson popped into the room. They started discussing their collaboration ideas and i went ahead and left, as i had no real interest in that. I kept walking down this New York street and saw Elaine from Seinfeld running down the street towards me like we were old friends. She hugged me and we started walking down the street again, talking. We turned a corner to go into this little courtyard, and there was a big structure but it was just the frame, with a big construction excavator. There was an older guy running the machine. I couldn't tell who it was at first, but then i recognized that it was Elaine's dad. So we wen't and said hi. He was moving a bunch of coffins from the ground onto this big structure. Suddenly, like a loudspeaker had just announced it to the whole world, we both knew that something terrible had happened in Haiti. But it wasn't the earthquake. That hadn't happened in the dream world. For some reason Elaine jumped in my arms and we ran around the corner, and somehow we were in Haiti. We saw a bunch of sinkholes and flooded desert area. There were kids driving little go-kart-like things all around us. And sometimes they would get stuck in the quicksand stuff. So Elaine's dad would pop into the scene and grab them out of it with the excavator. I was pretty impressed, but at the same time, he really didn't seem to know what he was doing exactly. We got really scared that this kid he had just pulled out wasn't going to make it. That he had sucked in a bunch of sand from being in an enclosed kart. Soon enough we saw movement and figured he'd pull through. So magically we went back to this New York courtyard and Elaine's dad continued on moving the coffins. Wake up.

Sleep and dream.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy dreams, Jason. I've never been to New York, but I'll be sure to let you know if I ever meet you there in my dreams. Oooh you're lucky to meet Elaine! And I'm glad you didn't have to see the earthquake ruins in Haiti... that would have been a nightmare. But I suppose kids driving go-carts through quicksand could be equally as terrifying?
    Well, this comment appears to be going nowhere, so I'm off to sleep and dream. Night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is never a boring night in the mind of Jason Munday, is there?

    ReplyDelete